Fortunately, there are solutions!
You and people in your household can make simple changes to make a BIG difference!
Sometimes change just starts with awareness:
- Learn Why It Matters- What's the big fuss over wasting food?
- See how WHAT Is Wasted matters as much as the amount that is wasted.
- What about Composting? Why isn't that the best solution?
- TRUE LIFE CYCLE COSTS: Want to learn the true enviro-impacts of producing foods? Check out Oregon DEQ's Food Fact Sheets for Beer, Citrus, Coffee, Pork, Tomatoes, Wine and more. See how resource-intensive foods are before they get into our shopping carts.
- THERE'S AN APP FOR THAT: How about smart device Apps that can help you with meal planning, making a grocery list, figuring out how to use the ingredients you have on hand for a meal, and more?
- RECIPES: See our page of Recipes where you can find links to sites that show you how to use leftovers up, and create new delicious meals out of parts of food that you wouldn't normally eat.
- SCHOOLS: Starting in the fall of 2018, Magic Mama will be providing Eco-Edu-Tainment for fifth graders here in Corvallis. Interactive performance Art is an amazing way to get kids educated about the issue of wasted food!