Recipe by Amy, of Corvallis
MONEY SAVED: $20
“I looked in the fridge, and as usual, there was nothing in there except left over chicken. So, I looked around, and there was a partially used jar of tomato sauce. I wanted a whole meal, and something to fill me up.
This is a non dairy dish, but has meat. Definitely kid friendly, very filling and not very spicy.
This does require coconut milk, or cream, so that is the one item that you may need to buy.”
INGREDIENTS & DIRECTIONS:
- Take the left over chicken, and stir fry with onion and garlic.
- Add the left over tomato sauce, and add about 1/2 -1 cup water to the jar of sauce, to get out all the sauce, and add water mixture to the stir fry.
- While simmering, add some mild curry.
- If you have any left over potatoes, you can add those also.
- Add the coconut cream, about 2 tablespoons, or can just do by taste, until it tastes creamy.
- Simmer until all flavors have blended, about 15 mins.
- Put in a small bowl, and top with parsley, cilantro, green onion, or any other green you have on hand.